NeoN - Warcraft III & Starcraft II Hacks

Explain your d3scene post..

dljez

6 hours ago, 1991enigma said:

I think you should apply this part time license for new customers, not old customers...

This is a matter of trust.

yes, it should only be for new customers not old.. people that paid $50 were promised that the payment was a one-time payment that includes future patches

now they realized it was wrong

At the very least, I feel that we should be compensated in some way. We were promised a lifetime license but developer went back on his/her word and abruptly changed license to a subscription-based model. If this were for any other popular game, it'd be more understandable but the fact is this is Warcraft 3 we're talking about, a 16 year old game whose player base is entirely niche. 

its not that bad.... they need to do a lot of work to keep development/testing going for us. Every time there is an update from blizzard which happens often Neon needs to be updated and there's a lot of work involved. Keep up the good work guys!

Just now, ntc2828 said:

its not that bad.... they need to do a lot of work to keep development/testing going for us. Every time there is an update from blizzard which happens often Neon needs to be updated and there's a lot of work involved. Keep up the good work guys!

I don't mean to shit on your parade there, but "updates" from Blizzard "that happen often" are months in-between. I would hardly call that "lots of work involved". While I appreciate the developer keeping his project up to date, this is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. $50 (which is what most people paid for) is not chump change for a lot of people and when the product you paid for gets pulled out from under you there is a slight problem.

It's not a lot of work. And look at it this way.

You get 50$ from EACH and everyone - That's a lot of $
The only reason to make it subscription based is to make a living for it. I see no other reason. 

How do i know it's not a lot of work? Well doesn't require a degree in c++ to figure that one out. 
And yes, this could be easily be considered a fraud. To be honest, if i had known there would be a subscription i would NEVER have paid for this in the first place. 
He's now forcing people to repay, to actually get use of the hack. Also people are now forced to be active again. Playing that is, or else they are "paying" for nothing. 

Also editing out the part i outlined here from d3scene, does say a lot about the intentions.

Furthermore; This website is going up and down, QUITE A BIT.  

Edited by dljez

11 minutes ago, ntc2828 said:

its a matter of trust, as what users mentioned above. When users paid $50, they were promised that its a lifetime subscription. If they were told that it will be $50 for a limited time, I'm sure many users wouldn't have bought. 

Just imagine you go to a car shop and you buy a car, then after 4 months after you paid, they tell you that the car you bought doesn't belong to you anymore, and you need to pay monthly to use it.

• Haha 1

I appreciate Sosha for keeping his maphack free for all those years and being very responsive in updating when he has to but I am deeply disappointed in his decision to not allow previous purchases (before being switched to a subscription-model) to be entitled to what they purchased. Don't get me wrong; I agree that this is a great way for Sosha to continue working on this while being compensated further but this is the same as Amazon telling their customers that they are able to purchase an item with the lifetime guarantee and then change their decision after customers have purchased it. In my opinion, Sosha has been a fair individual who has been great to the D3Scene community. And $5 per month is still a solid deal considering he never once asked for any monetary reward before turning it into a paid program. But it's just not morally okay and not what I expected from such a respected member. Best of luck to you Sosha but this was rather disappointing.

Edited by flash

• Administrators
As i said multiple times before i'm truly sorry for this decision and i'm complete aware that is wasn't the right thing to do but i'm really open to your suggestions to make it a bit better and reasonable , i mean you want additional 1 year without charge ? you got it. you want additional features ? you got it too, you want anything else ? just ask me. you know i never been rude to anybody. i always listen and reply nicely even if anyone insults me.i didn't delete any complain about me not here in d3scene nor in my own website.

and as i said you really don't need to panic about this, everyone can ask all he wants and i will grant him.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, jong wan kim said:

It was only three months since I paid $ 50.
If I had a subscription from the beginning, I would have been able to use it for another seven months.

You can use it for more than 7 month

Open a support request and i will help you

why not grant access to old customers, and start subscription for all new customers?
Me and alot of other people were promised a life-time subscription for our 50$.
I sent u a message about the download not working aswell. please respond asap :)

• Like 1

Guys, Sosha has explained himself. It's time to move on. The best scenario is for all of us to get together and figure out a solution that is fair for both sides. If you guys have some ideas so I can recommend it to Sosha, please post it here. Do not spam trying to bash Sosha. He is not a scammer. He's had his NeonHack for free here for many years and how many of you donated money to him for keeping the project alive? Have some respect. Yes, we don't have to like how things changed but complaining about it will not help. Just write down any ideas you have and we can all recommend it to Sosha. Just be honest and we can go from there. I have known Sosha for many years in D3Scene... Never once took him as a scammer. He is one of the most respected members ever in D3Scene. This was just a decision he felt was best for himself and we can all respect that as well.

• Thanks 2

i think the 1 additional year without charge will be good .

On 4/11/2018 at 9:05 AM, Shahriyar said:
As i said multiple times before i'm truly sorry for this decision and i'm complete aware that is wasn't the right thing to do but i'm really open to your suggestions to make it a bit better and reasonable , i mean you want additional 1 year without charge ? you got it. you want additional features ? you got it too, you want anything else ? just ask me. you know i never been rude to anybody. i always listen and reply nicely even if anyone insults me.i didn't delete any complain about me not here in d3scene nor in my own website.

and as i said you really don't need to panic about this, everyone can ask all he wants and i will grant him.

• Thanks 1